Zendrive SDK Terms of Service
Last modified: April 6th, 2014
BY CLICKING OR SELECTING “ACCEPT” OR “AGREE”, OR BY USING, DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THE SDK, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND BECOME A PARTY TO THESE ZENDRIVE SDK TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW OR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT CLICK OR SELECT “ACCEPT” OR “AGREE”, AND DO NOT USE, DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL ANY PORTION OF THE SDK. This Zendrive SDK Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) is entered into as of the Effective Date (as defined below) by and between Zendrive Inc. (previously known as Inner Circle Technologies, Inc., “Zendrive” or “Company”) and the company or other entity employing, contracting or retaining the individual (“Authorized Agent”) clicking or selecting “Accept” or ”Agree” or first using, downloading or installing the SDK (as defined below) or on whose behalf such individual is using, downloading or installing the SDK (“Developer” or “You”). This Agreement governs Developer’s access to and use of the SDK and any associated data and reports provided by Company. By clicking or selecting “Accept” or “Agree”, or using, downloading or installing the SDK, You and the Authorized Agent hereby (i) represent and warrant that the Authorized Agent is authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of Developer and to bind the Developer to this Agreement, (ii) represent and warrant that the Authorized Agent is over the age of 18 and (iii) accept and agree on behalf of Developer to be bound by all the terms and conditions contained herein.
This Agreement is subject to modification from time to time as described below and You can review the most current version of the Agreement at any time on Zendrive’s website (www.zendrive.com).
"Confidential Information" means all information of a non-public or proprietary nature disclosed by a party ("Disclosing Party") to the other party ("Receiving Party") in writing and marked “confidential” or disclosed orally and, within five business days, reduced to writing and marked “confidential”. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Zendrive’s Confidential Information shall include the SDK, Zendrive System, any Application Program Interface of or from Zendrive (“API”), and the Reports, whether or not in writing or marked. However, Confidential Information shall not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party as evidenced by contemporaneous documentation, (iii) is received by the Receiving Party from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of or reference to the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party.
“Developer’s Application” means the software application developed and used by the Developer for its business that (i) complies with the requirements of this Agreement and (ii) will incorporate Zendrive’s SDK hereunder.
“Effective Date” means the earlier of the date this Agreement is accepted by or for Developer by clicking or selecting “Accept” or “Agree”, or the date Developer first downloads or accesses the SDK.
“Reports” means analysis and insights reports (and associated information) produced by Zendrive or the Zendrive System based on information received from the SDK and provided by Zendrive to Developer hereunder (through Zendrive’s online analytics dashboard, the API or other means).
“SDK” means a software development kit component (i.e. software code designed to be embedded within a third party application) for collecting driving data and related functionality made available by Zendrive.
“Trial” has the meaning assigned to such term in Section 3.
“Zendrive SDK Paid Plan” means the then applicable fee schedule(s) or fee descriptions for license of the SDK offered by Zendrive to developers which are posted on Zendrive’s website or otherwise provided in writing by Zendrive, including any additional terms and conditions provided therewith applicable to such SDK license plan (as may be modified from time to time in accordance with this Agreement).
“Zendrive System” means a proprietary system for monitoring and analyzing driving and related matters, which includes, without limitation, the SDK and a backend system that receives, processes and analyzes data collected and transmitted by the SDK for storage and analysis by Zendrive.
“Zendrive Technology” means the Zendrive System (including without limitation the SDK) and Reports, together with all materials, information, products and services included therein.
2. Account. In order to access and use the SDK (as well as any Reports or the API if applicable) You will need to register with Zendrive. If You choose to register, You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate and complete information about You and Your use of the SDK. You agree to promptly update all such information whenever any of it changes. You are responsible for protecting Your password and take full responsibility for any use of Your account or any activity that occurs under Your account. Following sign up and registration, You may also receive an SDK key and/or other keys (such as an API key if paying for such access) to unlock the ability to use the SDK and/or certain features and functionality. Any such keys may only be used by You and solely in connection with Your Developer’s Application and the rights licensed hereunder. You agree not to (a) use the account, username, key or password of another individual or entity, or (b) disclose Your password or key to, or share Your account or key with, any third party or allow or authorize any third party to use Your key or Your account or user ID with Company. You agree to notify Company immediately if You suspect any unauthorized use of Your account or key or access to Your password, key or account.
Zendrive reserves the right to refuse to open an account for, or to deny the registration of, any individual, company or entity for any reason in Zendrive’s sole discretion. Accordingly, Zendrive may restrict or deny any such individual, company or entity the ability to download, access and use the SDK, Reports and API for any reason. Zendrive has no obligation to provide any explanation or justification for any such action.
3. Fees; Free Trial.
3.1 Trial Period. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the SDK is initially licensed to You under Section 4 without charge (the “Trial”) for a trial period that runs from the Effective Date until the end date and/or event specified in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan or otherwise on Zendrive’s website (such as where You registered for or downloaded the SDK or other appropriate place) or as otherwise specified by Zendrive in writing to You (collectively, any and all of the foregoing being the “SDK Order Terms”), unless earlier terminated in accordance with Section 13. The SDK Order Terms may specify, for example, that the Trial period ends upon the earlier to occur of a specified number of days after the Effective Date or the first date when Developer’s Application with the SDK is used in more than a designated number of devices (in which case, the number of devices shall include devices used by Your customers, employees, contractors and licensees). During the Trial, You may be provided a level of features and functionality with respect to the SDK and Reports that is higher than what Zendrive offers for a free post-Trial license, as provided for in the SDK Order Terms or as otherwise determined by Zendrive in its sole discretion. Upon the end of the Trial, your license to use the SDK under the terms of this Agreement shall continue until terminated (as provided for in Section 13) in accordance with the applicable license tier or plans You have selected or as otherwise specified in the SDK Order Terms. You may set or change Your applicable license tier or plan during or after the Trial through Zendrive’s website in accordance with any procedures set out in the SDK Order Terms. If You do not select an SDK license tier or plan prior to the end of the Trial period, Zendrive will automatically select and activate one of the tiers or arrangements for You, using the payment information You provided upon signing up for Your account. If you obtain access to the API prior to the end of the Trial Period (which requires activating a paid tier or plan in accordance with the SDK Order Terms), the Trial period shall automatically terminate at such time (unless the SDK Order Terms otherwise specify). You are entitled to only one free trial. Accordingly, You agree not to sign up for separate accounts to obtain multiple Trials or otherwise obtain more than one free Trial with respect to the SDK.
3.2 Fees. Upon the end of the Trial, You agree to pay to Company the fees specified in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan (“Fees”) that are applicable to You and Your use of the SDK in accordance with the terms and conditions therein and in this Agreement. Different Fees may apply to You based on the particular license tier or plan You signed up for or were assigned, and/or based on other parameters, such as for example miles driven or number of drivers, all as specified in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan. For tiers or plans that are priced per driver and/or per mile, the following shall apply (unless and to the extent otherwise specified in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan):
The Zendrive SDK Paid Plan may (or may not) also include a free option (to be selected, if applicable, in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan) in which case no Fees shall be due for so long as such free option applies and is available. Unless the SDK Order Terms specify otherwise, You can change Your selected license tier or plan at any time (which will generally go into effect by the next business day but may take a longer period of time), in which case You will be charged Fees on a pro rata basis based on the period of time each applicable tier or plan was in effect, calculated on a daily basis. All Fee payment obligations are non-cancelable and all Fees paid are non-refundable and non-creditable. Company may change any or all of its Fees hereunder (or impose new Fees), and the associated terms in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan, at any time upon posting or providing notice of such changes or new Fees and/or posting an updated Zendrive SDK Paid Plan. Upon such posting, the new or updated Zendrive SDK Paid Plan shall be the effective Zendrive SDK Paid Plan hereunder. Such modified Fees shall automatically go into effect upon their posting or provision (and become the Fees payable hereunder), unless and until You terminate this Agreement and cease your use and access to the SDK and Reports in accordance with the termination provisions in Section 13 below. Your continued use of or access to the SDK or Reports after the posting or provision of changed or new Fees shall constitute your acceptance of such modified or new Fees and the updated Zendrive SDK Paid Plan.
3.3 Payment Terms. You shall pay all Fees at the times specified in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan or, if not so specified, on a monthly basis for which Company may charge Your credit card, PayPal or similar charge account for such Fees on a day of its choosing each month (beginning after the end of the Trial Period). All Fees are payable in United States dollars by credit card (or, if applicable, PayPal or similar charge account) or as otherwise expressly provided for in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan. Any Fees that are not received from You by the due date therefor will accrue interest at the rate of 3.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, from the date such payment is due until the date paid in full. Failure of Developer to pay any Fees when due shall entitle Zendrive to terminate Developer’s access to and use of the SDK and Reports (as well as this Agreement), immediately without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, unless and to the extent the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan states otherwise, You must terminate this Agreement (and Your account and access to the SDK) prior to the end of the Trial period in order to avoid any charges for Fees. Failure to terminate prior to the end of the Trial period constitutes Your agreement to be charged (and to pay) Fees at the rates applicable to Your license tier or plan as selected by or assigned to You.
3.4. Credit Cards; Charge Accounts. You may be required to provide Your credit card or other charge account information upon sign-up or registration for the SDK, except to the extent the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan states otherwise. You agree to keep the credit card (or other charge account) information you submitted to Company accurate and up to date. You hereby authorize Company and/or its payment processors to charge your credit card (or PayPal or other charge account if applicable) for all Fee payments due under this Agreement. If You provide your credit card information (or a PayPal or other charge account) to Company, You agree that any card or account number and any related billing and payment information that you provide may be shared with other companies, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purpose of checking credit, effecting payment to Company and servicing Your Account. Company may seek pre-authorization of your credit card or other charge account prior to any order or purchase by You to verify the credit card or charge account is valid and/or has the necessary funds or credit to cover Your purchase. We will use reasonable efforts to rectify any payment processing error in Your payments hereunder that we discover. If the error results in Your payment of more than the correct amount to which You are obligated to pay, Company will credit or refund you the difference. If the error results in Your payment of less than the correct amount to which you owe, you will immediately pay to Company the extra funds and Company may immediately charge your credit card or charge account for such purpose.
3.5 Taxes. You are responsible for paying (and all Fees are exclusive of) any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature associated with your use of or access to the SDK and Reports or the payment of Fees under this Agreement (other than taxes on Company’s net income). If Company has the legal obligation to pay or collect taxes, levies, duties or similar assessments for which You are responsible hereunder, Company may add the appropriate amount to the Fees charged to and payable by You hereunder.
3.6 Audit Rights. Developer shall maintain accurate books and records supporting the calculation and payment of all Fees due to Company hereunder for a period of at least three (3) years after such Fees are due and payable. Company may, at its own expense, examine or audit (or appoint a third party representative to examine or audit) those books and records solely for the purpose of verifying the accuracy of the Fees required to be paid (and actually paid) hereunder. Company may make an examination of a particular time period only once, and only within the three (3) year period described above. Such examination or audit shall be made during Your usual business hours, upon at least ten (10) days prior written notice, at the place where such books and records are maintained. The examination and audit rights granted herein shall not be exercised more than once in any twelve (12) month period. If the examination or audit reveals an underpayment of Fees in excess of seven percent (7%), Developer shall reimburse Company for the cost of such examination or audit. Any underpayment of Fees revealed by the examination or audit shall be promptly rectified and paid, together with interest thereon in accordance with the interest provisions of this Agreement.
4. Nonexclusive License.
4.1 License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Zendrive hereby grants to Developer a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicenseable and non-transferable license solely during the Term to (i) embed the SDK into Developer’s Application solely for use in Developer’s Application for operating the data collection and related features of the SDK and generating Reports, and (ii) to copy and distribute the SDK, solely as embedded in the Developer’s Applications, in up to the number of devices specified in the SDK Order Terms (or, if not so specified, in no more than 100 devices or as Zendrive expressly authorizes), which devices are solely limited to devices used by Developer’s customers, employees, contractors, clients, users and licensees (“Developer’s Users”), and only for the purposes described in (i) above. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, if and to the extent Developer has selected and is paying for a license tier or plan that includes access to and use of the API in accordance with the SDK Order Terms, Developer may access and use the API solely in connection with exercising the foregoing license and accessing and using Reports resulting therefrom (and any such Reports accessed or used through the API shall be subject to the same terms and conditions as all other Reports under Section 5 and otherwise under this Agreement). Developer shall not, and has no rights to, distribute or make available the SDK on a stand-alone basis or in or with any other software without Zendrive’s prior written consent (and in such case solely to the extent of such consent).
4.2 License Tiers. The foregoing license shall be further limited by the applicable license tier or plan applicable to Developer as specified in the SDK Order Terms (which may be based in whole or in part on the Fees paid or payable by Developer). These may include, without limitation, restrictions or limits on use, features, performance or functionality of the SDK or corresponding Reports based on the tier level or arrangement applicable to Developer. Company may also implement such restrictions or limits technologically. The SDK Order Terms may specify the process, timing and terms under which You may switch to different tiers or arrangements.
4.3 Use Restrictions. Developer will not and has no rights to (i) copy or distribute (except for such copying and distribution as expressly provided above or as required by law) or modify, adapt, translate or otherwise create derivative works of or based on the SDK or the API; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the SDK; (iii) rent, lease, sell, resell, assign or otherwise transfer rights in or to the SDK or API; (iv) remove, alter or conceal any proprietary notices or labels on, in or accompanying the SDK (or the API or any Reports); or (v) use, post transmit or introduce any device, software or routine which interferes or attempts to interfere with the operations of the SDK or API (including, without limitation, any interference with security-related features or features to restrict use of copying or enforce limitations of use, or any linking, uploading or sharing of any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive or malicious nature). Developer will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in Developer’s use of and access to the SDK, API, Zendrive System and Reports. You shall use any SDK key, API key or similar key provided to You by Zendrive solely in connection with your account and the SDK and rights provided to You under this Agreement; You shall not use any such key outside of its intended use.
5. Data Reports. During the Term, Zendrive may provide Developer with Reports, in such scope and delivered at such time or times as and if specified in the SDK Order Terms or, to the extent not so specified, as determined in Zendrive’s sole discretion. If applicable, and without limitation, the Reports may include collision detection information. Developer shall use such Reports only for internal business purposes and shall not transfer, disclose, publish or make available any Reports (including without limitation the contents or any portion thereof) to any third party, without Zendrive’s prior written consent. The raw data produced through the SDK is the exclusive property of Zendrive, and Zendrive has no obligation to provide or make available such raw data. Without limiting general disclaimers and other provisions in Section 10 below, You understand and agree that all data and information (including without limitation any scores and analyses) in any Reports are provided without warranty or guaranty of any kind (and without any assurance as to their reliability, accuracy or predictability). You (and any of Developer’s Users) are solely responsible for the use of, reliance upon, and any decisions made based upon, the Reports and the data and information therein. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that any such Reports (and the data, scores, analyses and information therein), cannot be relied on to accurately transmit collision occurrence information or predict or ensure the future activities, behaviors or safety of drivers or that, for example, any particular driver will not get into collision in the future. Zendrive disclaims all responsibility and liability with respect to any reliance upon, decisions based on or other use of the Reports and the data, scores, analyses and information therein.
7. Support; Updates. Zendrive is not obligated to provide maintenance, technical support or updates to Developer for any portion of the SDK; however, if Zendrive, in its own discretion, provides an updated version of the SDK to Developer, any such updates shall be deemed included within the SDK for purposes of this Agreement and Developer shall implement such updated SDK within the Developer’s Application reasonably promptly.
8. Publicity; Mutual Trademark License. Each of Zendrive and Developer hereby grants to the other party a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, personal, worldwide license for the Term of this Agreement to use such party’s business name as set forth in the SDK registration form and any logo, design or other business name such party chooses (but is not required) to provide to the other party (collectively, “Trademarks”) solely to identify that Zendrive is providing the SDK and analytics services to Customer and to provide a link to the other party’s website. Each party shall maintain the other party’s Trademarks exactly as provided by the owner thereof and no party shall make any alteration of another party’s Trademarks other than resizing for technological reasons provided that all proportions of the relevant Trademark are maintained. Each party shall supply the other party with suitable specimens of its use of the other party’s Trademark(s) upon reasonable notice, and shall remedy any deficiencies in its use of any of the Trademark(s) within thirty (30) days’ notice from the other party. Either party may terminate their license to the other party by providing a thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party. Except as prohibited by law, each party agrees that it will do nothing inconsistent with the other party’s ownership of the Trademark(s) during the term of this Agreement. Each party agrees that its use of the other party’s Trademark(s) shall inure to the benefit of and be on behalf of the other party. Any goodwill arising out of a party’s use of the other party’s Trademark(s) shall inure solely to the benefit of the owner of such Trademark(s).
9. Confidentiality. Developer and Zendrive agree to keep confidential the Confidential Information of the other party using the same degree of care that it uses to protect its own Confidential Information (but in any event no less than reasonable care). Each party agrees (i) not to use any Confidential Information of the other party for any purpose other than to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under this Agreement, and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the other party in writing, not to disclose Confidential Information of the other party to any third party and to limit access to Confidential Information of the other party to those of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors and agents who need such access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who are bound by obligations of confidentiality at least as protective as those contained herein. A party may disclose Confidential Information of the other party if and to the extent it is compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted and reasonably practicable).
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SDK, API, ZENDRIVE SYSTEM, REPORTS AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED THEREIN (“ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY”) IS AT YOUR (AND YOUR USER’S) SOLE RISK. THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, AVAILABLE FOR USE AT ANY GIVEN TIME, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (iii) THE QUALITY OF THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR OTHERWISE MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WITH RESPECT TO ANY COLLISION DETECTION OR REPORTING FUNCTIONALITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SDK (IF APPLICABLE), ALTHOUGH ZENDRIVE ENDEAVORS TO SUCCESSFULLY DETECT COLLISIONS, NOT ALL COLLISIONS MAY BE DETECTED AND SOME NON-COLLISIONS MAY BE FALSELY REPORTED. ZENDRIVE DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY WILL DETECT AND/OR REPORT ALL COLLISIONS (OR THAT IT WILL AVOID ANY FALSE POSITIVES) OR THAT EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE EVENT OF ANY COLLISION. ZENDRIVE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF YOU OR DEVELOPER’S USERS, OR OF ANY EMERGENCY RESPONDERS OR OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO MAY BE CONTACTED, OR FOR THE INABILITY TO CONTACT ANY EMERGENCY RESPONDER OR OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER IN ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION. YOU AND DEVELOPER’S USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFE VEHICLE OPERATION, PROPER VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND FOR AVOIDING AND RESPONDING TO ANY COLLISIONS.
FURTHERMORE, THE ZENDRIVE SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED REPORTS RELY ON THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF MOBILE DEVICES, WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS NETORKS AND THE GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM ("GPS"), AMONG OTHER THINGS. ZENDRIVE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURES OR DELAYS DUE TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING AND THE ZENDRIVE SYSTEM AND REPORTS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE OR FUNCTIONING IN A GIVEN LOCATION OR AT A GIVEN TIME.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PUBLISHERS, COLLABORATORS, BUSINESS PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES SUFFERED BY DEVELOPER’S USERS AND DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES); OR(B) ANY INJURIES TO PERSONS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY RELATED TO YOUR OR DEVELOPER’S USERS USE OF THE ZENDRIVE TECHNOLOGY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RELATED TO USE OF COLLISION DETECTION OR EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY'S (OR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS) CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$100.00), AND (B) THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU TO ZENDRIVE OVER THE TWELVE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDING THE FIRST DATE THE CLAIM UNDERLYING SUCH DAMAGES AROSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIMITATION IS NOT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to You to the extent applicable law so requires.
11. Indemnification. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Developer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Zendrive and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees agents and licensors from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) Developer’s (or Developer’s User’s) access to or use of the Developer’s Application, SDK, API or Reports or Developer’s distribution of the Developer’s Application or SDK; (ii) Developer’s breach of this Agreement; (iii) Developer’s violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) Developer’s gross negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) Developer’s violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right. Zendrive reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by Developer.
12. Intellectual Property Rights. The Zendrive System, SDK, API and Reports are protected by U.S. and international copyrights, patents, trade secrets and/or other intellectual property rights. Subject to the licenses expressly granted to Developer herein, Zendrive shall retain ownership of, and all right, title and interest in and to, the SDK (including, without limitation, all data collected or generated by the SDK), Zendrive System, API, Reports and all of Zendrive’s other intellectual property rights. No intellectual property or other rights or licenses are granted or otherwise provided by Zendrive under this Agreement, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, beyond those expressly provided for herein. Neither the SDK nor any copies thereof are sold or transferred hereunder; instead only the limited rights to use such software as expressly provided for herein are granted hereunder.
13. Term and Termination.
13.1 Term. This Agreement shall be effective from the Effective Date until the end of the Trial as provided for in Section 3.1, subject to its expiration, extension or earlier termination in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (such period, as may be extended, from the Effective Date until expiration or earlier termination being the “Term” hereunder). Prior to the end of the Trial, Developer shall choose to upgrade or select its license tier or plan (or choose to terminate this Agreement), subject to the Fees as described above. If Developer fails to make any such choice or selection, Zendrive may, in its sole discretion, either assign Developer to a tier or plan of Zendrive’s choosing or terminate this Agreement, the licenses herein and Developer’s access to and use of the SDK and Reports. Immediately upon the end of the Trial (unless terminated), the Term shall automatically be extended for a period of one (1) year from the end of the Trial, and at the end of such one (1) year extension, the Term shall automatically renew and be extended for successive one (1) year terms thereafter, unless and until earlier terminated as provided for herein.
13.2 Termination. During the Trial, either party may terminate this Agreement for convenience immediately upon written notice to the other party. After the Trial, either party may terminate this Agreement for convenience upon ninety (90) days prior written notice to the other party. Furthermore, in the event that either party: (i) commits a material breach of this Agreement at any time during the Term; (ii) voluntarily institutes insolvency, receivership, or bankruptcy proceedings; (iii) is involuntarily made subject to any bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding and such proceeding is not dismissed within sixty (60) days of the filing of such proceeding; (iv) makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors; or (v) undergoes any dissolution or cessation of business, the other party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice.
13.3. Account Suspension. During the Trial, Zendrive may suspend Your access to the SDK, API, Zendrive System and Reports at any time without prior notice. After the Trial Zendrive may suspend Your access to the SDK, API, Zendrive System and Reports at any time without prior notice to address breaches of this Agreement or other reasonable and appropriate issues or concerns, but Zendrive shall use reasonable efforts to restore such access when such issues or concerns are addressed unless and until this Agreement expires or is terminated.
13.3 Effect of Termination. Upon the effective date of any expiration or termination of this Agreement and without further notice to Developer: (i) each party shall promptly return to the other party, or, if requested by the other party, destroy all copies of the other party’s Confidential Information in its possession or control; (ii) all licenses granted to Developer hereunder shall automatically and immediately terminate; and (iii) Developer’s right to access and use the SDK, API, Zendrive System and Reports shall terminate immediately and Developer shall cease using them and cease distributing any new copies of the SDK in the Developer’s Application. Following termination or expiration of this Agreement, Developer shall use reasonable efforts to disable and remove the SDK from existing copies of the Developer’s Application or replace such existing copies with new copies that do not contain the SDK (though, in any event, all copies of the SDK may cease to function as of the expiration or termination of this Agreement). Termination or expiration of this Agreement shall not relieve either party of any obligation that has accrued prior to the effective date of termination or expiration. Furthermore, any payment obligations of Developer that survive or apply after expiration or termination of the Agreement as provided for in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan shall remain in effect after termination or expiration of this Agreement until satisfied. Without limiting the foregoing, except as otherwise provided in the Zendrive SDK Paid Plan, if You terminate for convenience or Zendrive terminates for breach by You (after the end of the Trial period), You shall be obligated to pay Zendrive (and Zendrive may charge your credit card or charge account) an amount equal to three (3) months worth of Fees at the rate level then existing as of termination. The foregoing shall be based on the average monthly Fees payable over the previous five (5) months (or, if Fees have not be payable for that long, the calculation shall be based on the monthly average since the first date Fees were payable) and the total amount is due (and may be charged by Zendrive) in one lump, aggregate sum within ten (10) days of termination. The following provisions shall also survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement: Section 3 (Fees; Trial) (solely with respect to payment obligations that have accrued prior to, or expressly survive, expiration or termination), Section 6 (Collection of Data; Privacy), Section 9 (Confidentiality), Section 10 (Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability), Section 11 (Indemnification), Section 12 (Intellectual Property Rights), this Section 13 (Termination), Section 15 (Arbitration) and Section 16 (General Provisions).
14. Modifications to Terms of Service. Zendrive reserves the right to amend this Agreement, including, without limitation, these Terms of Service from time to time. Zendrive will date and post the most current version of this Agreement on www.zendrive.com. If Zendrive makes any changes that it deems substantial, Zendrive may notify Developer by sending Developer an email to the email address associated with Developer’s account. Any such changes will become effective within fifteen (15) calendar days from the earlier of Zendrive’s notification to Developer or posting the amended Agreement on www.zendrive.com. The changes will become effective immediately for new users of the SDK. Your access or use of the SDK, API or Reports after our publication or notice of the amended Agreement will constitute Your acceptance of such revisions. If You do not want to agree to any changes or amended Agreement, Your sole recourse is to terminate this Agreement for convenience in accordance with Section 13.2 above (and any termination notice from You prior to the effective date of amendment of this Agreement shall result in such amendments not applying to You so long as this Agreement terminates in due course pursuant to such notice). Changes will not apply retroactively.
15. Arbitration. ANY MATTER WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE AND ALL DISPUTES OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT (WHETHER INVOLVING YOU OR DEVELOPER’S USERS), INCLUDING ITS FORMATION, ENFORCEABILITY, PERFORMANCE, OR BREACH (EACH, A "CLAIM"), SHALL BE FINALLY SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (THE “AAA”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND, IF APPLICABLE, THE SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CUSTOMER-RELATED DISPUTES, EXCLUDING ANY RULES OR PROCEDURES GOVERNING OR PERMITTING CLASS ACTIONS. THE ARBITRATOR, AND NOT ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL COURT OR AGENCY, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE AUTHORITY TO RESOLVE ALL CLAIMS. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EMPOWERED TO GRANT WHATEVER RELIEF WOULD BE AVAILABLE IN A COURT UNDER LAW OR IN EQUITY. THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD SHALL BE BINDING ON THE PARTIES AND MAY BE ENTERED AS A JUDGMENT IN ANY COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. THEY FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT, IN SOME INSTANCES, THE COSTS OF ARBITRATION COULD EXCEED THE COSTS OF LITIGATION AND THE RIGHT TO DISCOVERY MAY BE MORE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION THAN IN COURT. ANY ARBITRATION WILL BE CONDUCTED BY THE PARTIES IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES ONLY AND NOT AS A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND THE PARTIES WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION OR SEEK RELIEF ON A CLASS BASIS. IF ANY COURT OR ARBITRATOR DETERMINES THAT THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE IS VOID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON OR THAT AN ARBITRATION CAN PROCEED ON A CLASS BASIS, THEN THE ARBITRATION PROVISION SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL BE NULL AND VOID IN ITS ENTIRETY AND THE PARTIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE NOT AGREED TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OF THE FOREGOING TO THE CONTRARY, ARBITRATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS TO PROTECT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (SUCH AS PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK OR TRADE SECRET RIGHTS, BUT NOT INCLUDING PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS WHICH SHALL BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION HEREUNDER), AND ALL SUCH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO RESOLUTION IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION AND SHALL NOT BE DEEMED “CLAIMS” FOR PURPOSES OF THE FOREGOING ARBITRATION PROVISIONS.
16. General Provisions. This Agreement and any other document incorporated herein by reference constitutes the entire agreement between You and Company with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings or arrangements between You and Company with respect to such subject matter. You may not assign the Agreement or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the prior written consent of Company. Any purported assignment or delegation by You without the appropriate prior written consent of Company will be null and void. Company may assign the Agreement or any rights hereunder without Your consent. THE SDK AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY ARE SUBJECT TO U.S. EXPORT REGULATIONS AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO EXPORT OR IMPORT REGULATIONS IN OTHER COUNTRIES. THE SDK AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY MAY NOT BE EXPORTED, REEXPORTED, OR TRANSFERRED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO EMBARGOED COUNTRIES OR INDIVIDUALS OR IN VIOLATION OF U.S. EXPORT LAWS. The Agreement and the relationship between You and Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions, rules and principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement and is expressly disclaimed. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in San Francisco County, California for the purpose of litigating all claims and disputes under or arising out of this Agreement. Further YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST BRING ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND US, WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CLAIM ARISES, OR THE CLAIM WILL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED. The failure or delay of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court or applicable adjudicator should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision to the full extent consistent with applicable law (and otherwise severed from this Agreement), and the other provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. You and Company are independent contractors and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. The section titles in the Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
You agree that by submitting or providing any suggestions, enhancement requests, comments, recommendations, ideas or other feedback regarding the SDK, API, Reports or Zendrive System or the use, features or operation thereof (collectively, “Suggestions”), You automatically grant Company a license to any of your intellectual property rights therein. Accordingly, You hereby grant to Company a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicenseable license to use and incorporate into the SDK, API, Reports or Zendrive System any Suggestions.
Zendrive may provide notices to Developer with respect to this Agreement, by posting such notices to its website zendrive.com or by sending them to the e-mail address or other contact address Developer provides upon registration or setting up of Developer’s account. Any such notices shall be deemed properly and timely given to You hereunder. Any notices to Zendrive must be sent to: email@example.com OR Zendrive Inc., 325 9th street, SF (HeavyBit) via first class or air mail or overnight courier, and are deemed given upon receipt. You consent to the use of: (a) electronic means to complete this Agreement and to provide You with any notices given pursuant to this Agreement; and (b) electronic records to store information related to this Agreement or your use of the SDK.