Zendrive Commuter Safety Snapshot: Bay Area 2017
How dangerous is your commute? Find out here.
ZENDRIVE COMMUTER SAFETY SNAPSHOT: BAY AREA 2017
- Zendrive’s mission is to make roads safe using data and analytics. Our technology uses the sensors in a smartphone to measure risky driver behavior in real time. Our machine-learning algorithms then deliver actionable safety insights about driving behavior for an individual, fleet, or road.
- With over 50 billion miles analyzed, Zendrive’s driver safety scores are 6x more predictive of future crashes than the industry standard. Our technology is used by fleets who want to measure and improve driving safety, consumer apps to offer collision detection and emergency response, and insurance apps to measure driver risk. Cities use Zendrive’s anonymized data to make city planning safer. Together, we can eliminate road collisions.
- November 2017
- Monday - Friday
- 5am - 9pm for overall scores
- Phone use while driving (any handheld phone use while the vehicle’s moving, like texting or emailing)
- Hard braking
- Aggressive Acceleration
- For each road segment, the risk score is computed by tracking all risky events (distracting phone use, aggressive acceleration, hard braking, and speeding) from all drivers on that segment in he 5AM to 9PM timeframe.
- For a route, a weighted average of scores on each road segment constituting that route is taken. Unsafe driving behavior data was normalized by sample size weights to account for potential sample and selection biases.
Got other questions? Contact us.